25 November 2010

WSP Process stuck in "Deploying"

Recently, I deployed my Webpart solution packages created in sharepoint Farm.
After a long waiting i still figured the solution getting "Deploying" as its status..
Initially i Tried

stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs on the server running Central Admin.  No change. 
Since it was a farm deployment i Thought improper deployment was performed.

so I reset the IIS to get a refreshed processes running but still no effect.

Solution: Not Sure if its correct but worked for me.I opened list of timer jobs (Operations > Timer Job Definitions) search the job which point to the WSP solution we are deploying..Killing the Process will do the Trick.

However this does not actually deploy but only status is populated as "Deployed".
To Overcome this solution since you are on Farm Servers you need to Execute stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs on all the servers



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments

Rate Now: